Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Enough is Enough


“Don’t let the past steal your present” – Cherralea Morgen


As I was sitting here tonight thinking about my life and where I am currently, a weird and haunting realization hit me. To be honest, I think that because of the pain it had caused, I had blocked out a portion of my life. But in reality, that section of my life has dictated the way I have lived my life ever since.

About 6 or 7 years ago something was taken stolen from me. Something that was very precious to me. When someone steals something their only thought is what they want, they don't think about how their actions will impact someone else. They have a me mentality.

Although I chose to block out the pain of that memory, it has ultimately impacted the way I live my day to day life. I realized tonight that I have become a giver...but not necessarily in a good way. It's one thing if you give out of the kindness of your heart - which to some people I do, so that part of my giving is good. It's another thing when you give so that the person cannot say they took something that you didn't want them to take. Perhaps the majority of my kindness and giving isn't really giving at all...I just don't want someone to be able to say that they "stole" something from me ever again.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson

We are all faced with a choice daily as to how we will live our life. The attitude we will have, what we will let impact us, what we will put up with, and what we will do. One thing that we have been given is the gift of choice. What we do with that gift is up to us. I've spent the majority of the past 7 years choosing to overlook problems, get over the abuse, and to give constantly so nothing could be taken.

NOT ANYMORE! I don't want that to be me. I don't want to be the one who gets trampled. I don't want to be the one who gives just so it can't be taken. I don't want to be the one who allows things to happen because I feel like that's my "lot".

I've been blessed...I know I am. Although I have been through hell and back, I know that I have much to be thankful for as well. But this area of my life has got to stop!

Don’t settle for less when you’re worth so much more…

No comments:

Post a Comment