Sunday, September 11, 2011

No Passport Paradise


No passport paradise, yep that's my kind of place.


Vacation: a period of rest or freedom from duty.

Vacations are thought of as a get away, a break from reality, time spent away from everyday life in a place thought of as "paradise".

Ha! Yeah right! I don't know about you but I get back from a "vacation" and I collapse. We live our lives so rushed, fast paced and over-planned. We go on these so called "vacations" and make tons of plans and spend the entire trip trying to cram a year of planning into a week or a weekend.

Sure, there's some relaxing involved. We might lay out on the beach for a few hours, sleep in an hour or two longer than usual, or watch some tv without any worries. But if we're not careful with our planning even our relaxation time on the beach can be disrupted by the crazy college volleyball game, or the kid dumping sand into the wind, or even worse that relaxing may become a terrible sunburn. Our sleeping in could cause us to be sluggish, or even worse - we might miss something we had PLANNED!!!

I guess I say all that to say that one day I plan to visit the three saints: St. Thomas, St. John, and St. Croix. A trip to the Virgin Islands is one of my biggest dreams. It definitely tops my bucket list. I want to go with no major plans, no real intentions, just relaxation, relaxation, relaxation!

The only problem with a trip where you can truly relax is that it costs money...and quite a bit of it! I guess it's time for me to start figuring out how to make some big bucks! 

What about you? When you think of a relaxing paradise what/where do you picture? What no passport paradise pops into your head?    

1 comment:

  1. Well, my dream vacation requires a passport but oh, I dream of going! I want to visit Paris, France. Just walk the streets, eat at little cafe's, browse art galleries and just soak up the beauty!

    ReplyDelete