Thursday, September 1, 2011

♥♥ Wherever The Wind May Blow ♥♥


For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.
~Edwin Way Teale



I once had Fall described to me as the most depressing season of the year, everything withers up and starts to die, it gets cold and dark, the days get shorter and the whole earth seems sad. However, I disagree.

I guess that everyone looks at things the way they want to look at them. But for me, Fall has become my favorite season. As a child I used to look forward to Summer - it meant no school, fun outside, and swimming every single day. But now, Summer is just another one of the four seasons, and every season is filled with work and everyday life.

When we're young we live carefree, we don't think about time or problems. Everything just seems to work itself out. Our world is in a tiny glass bubble. We are taught about evil by our parents but we are also guarded from it by them, our parents make sure we have clothing and food, and we simply worry about what game to play next. As we grow older and mature we start to see the bigger picture our glass bubble suddenly breaks, evil really does exist in the world, it's not easy to provide for ourselves, and sometimes life itself can seem like a constant struggle.

However, when I think of Fall, I don't think of cold and death, I go back to being a kid. To me, Fall is a beautiful season. The leaves change colors, the weather is perfect, and the earth itself seems to unfold. As the quote says, to one person it may mean one thing, but to another person it can mean an entirely different thing.

Each season has its beginning and its end, and each season has its own beauty. Our world would be completely different if our four seasons did not exist. The same is true of every person on this planet. We are all different and we all have our own ideas, but that is what makes our planet so diverse and unique and such an interesting place to live.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, this is beautiful! Well written. And like you Fall seems so beautiful and fresh to me - the brisk wind, the hurrying of falling leaves, the bright colors......the coming of holidays. I love it!

    ReplyDelete